Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lovin' Those Omega-3's!

I try to feed our family the most nutritionally packed foods I can. It is so hard to get kids to eat well, so I try to get as much bang as I can for every buck! Luckily, my kids love salmon, which is one of the most nutritious fish you can eat. The omega-3 fatty acids are essential for brain development and cut the risk for hyperactivity and ADD.

I make salmon with this simple marinade and they love it!

Honey-Ginger Glazed Salmon

1/4 C balsamic vinegar
1/4 C olive oil
2-3 t. ginger
2T honey or brown sugar

Place fish in marinade about one hour before cooking.
Bake at 350 until flaky (15 minutes?)

I serve it with brown rice (made in vegetable broth instead of water to up the nutritional value!) and steamed vegis. Easy-peasy!

No comments: